Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

MY mountain. :)
My goals for the new year:
  • Hike Mount Timpanogos
  • Train for a sprint triathlon to race in 2013 (300 meter swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run)
  • Raise my GPA (current 3.42 – get closer to 3.75)
  • Teach my 4-year-old to read
  • Read the entire Book of Mormon
  • Try snowshoeing
  • Camp in the winter time with our new sleeping bags
  • Ice skate
  • Volunteer with teenagers and decide whether to teach Jr. High or High School
  • Successfully complete savings matching program (plus one more payment)
  • Expand Baby Care Cupboard (maybe)
  •  

The past couple of years I have chosen only a small number of goals that I felt were reachable by summer and that I pretty much had planned to do anyway.  It's very fulfilling to be able to say that I actually completed all my goals for the year.  Not like all those decades I spent making a New Year's goal to become thin and have my life turn around to complete perfection, and end up not meeting a single one of my unreasonable goals.  I do have some big goals this year but I think they're all reachable.  The only one I'm worried about is the mountain - still don't know who will go with me, who to train with, or if I'll be able to get into good enough shape in time to go this year.  If not, I'll continue training and hike it next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment