Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cells - amazing little worlds

This is my absolute most favorite video ever... I've shared it on here before, but I want to share it again because it's so dang awesome!  Even if you have no clue what's going on in it (like I didn't the first time I saw it), it's astounding and beautiful.  (For a slightly better viewing experience than the video below- same video just better quality- visit the creator's website: http://www.xvivo.net/the-inner-life-of-the-cell/)

The Inner Life of the Cell
made by XVivo, for Harvard University:


Also, here is another fantastic one done by the same people, showing the amazing mitochondrion powering a cell.

Powering the Cell: Mitochondria


Did you see all that ATP flying around?  And the electron transport chain!!!  :D  It makes me a bit giddy, yes, because I'm a geek.  I hope I'm not the only one though.

What did you think?  Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment