Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hawaiian Sand!

My sister brought me home 5 new samples of Hawaiian sand from different locations on Maui, plus some coral and seashells.  She got to swim with Sea Turtles and watch whales and dolphins from a boat - I'm so jealous (except for the part of actually being on a boat and swimming in the ocean...yes I know I'm a little crazy.)

My rock collection box is now officially too small... and I've only had it for 3 months!  What's the normal way to store a rock collection?  I have no idea about how to do this stuff.  I need to learn how to be an official rock hound complete with hand lens, rock hammer, and hydrochloric acid!  I don't even know how one uses a rock hammer, but I remember having the desire to have one for the first time recently to get something cool out of a hillside.

No comments:

Post a Comment